Friday, October 31, 2008

Stakes and Formula

So, in a completely in character suggestion, Richard said we should make it interesting by having the loser have to face some tangible consequences (his suggestion being to eat a burger with buns of butter. personally, that sound delicious to me so I don't think that works, but whatever). Anyway, I'll have to give some thought to that and also to how to determine who wins and loses. Seems to me that just choosing whoever comes closest to the electoral college outcome isn't good because you could be way off on the states you pick and still luck into getting close to the right total number of electoral votes. Maybe the best way is to have it be a question of who picks the most states correctly, with electoral college vote predictions being the tiebreaker. Something else to think about. Thoughts on these things anyone?

5 comments:

Strobl said...

I just had a mild heart attack from reading the suggested consequence.

I'm up for it, but if I lose I'll probably renege on whatever I have to do. So screw you and screw Flanders.

Rich said...

I agree that the winner should be the one with the most states (excluding those silly at-large pockets) and the tie-breaker should be the electoral college. I can't think of anything really good to give the winner, I am more interested in having the loser do something bad - that way, we can all enjoy the prize. Anywho, whatever it is, it should be documented on YouTube. Maybe the loser should have to sing the "Have you heard the words ---- bbbbbbbbird" song on Youtube in a Mccain or Obama shirt (depending on their party affiliation). I can come up with these all day long, if need be.

Strobl said...

Don't you know, Brian?

Don't you know about the bird?

ET said...

Not a bad idea, but I always prefer a food consequence. Sense I have no desire to ever be on youtube, how about the loser has to wear a McCain or Obama T-shirt for the entire month of NOV and wear it proudly at Thanksgiving dinner? That fills my preference for a food consequence.

ET said...

Should be since not sense, ugh.